Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

CINEMA 3D SMART LED TV LG 55LM6700




     LG has more than their share of large displays, but the Cinema Screen provides not only a high-definition Full HD (1080p) image in both 2D and 3D, but contains all the bells and whistles that a manufacturer’s ad could print.

    The easiest way to start looking at the LG is by noting that you get six (!) pairs of 3D glasses with your purchase. Keep in mind that these polarized glasses don’t have batteries or any electronics because they work on the “passive” principle of a polarized screen being part of the display. But also keep in ind that using this technology for 3D means the 3D glasses are lightweight, inexpensive and also keeps the price of the display you use them with down too.

   Access to all of the commands of the LG 55LM6700 can be done through the remote and browsing the menu pages of content available should keep  you busy, even as the main image plays in the top left corner of the screen while you’re doing so. “3D” world has many Internet-loaded titles to view that display the 3D effect well (auto 3D enacted) — the magician showing off a floating dollar bill is impressive and lets you see the wider viewing angle for 3D of the screen.



     Now you can wear pretty much any pair of polarized glasses you want, but I’ll be using one of the pair made by EX3D because I trust their lenses more than a cheap pair pulled off the discount rack.  Plus they’re clip-ons that I can wear over my prescription glasses.

    3D I approached with 3D discs  –  although there are choices you can access through the Internet in “3D World.”  I went with my collection of IMAX sea titles and the truly wild Drive Crazy, because it handles 3D like visiting a demented funhouse. As expected, the 3D effect wasn’t as limited as it would be with an “active” 3D system, and in general the 3D effects were spot on. Neither contrast nor brightness issues came up, although in general you should tinker with the settings for a 3D “setting” to use, instead of just leaving the LG set at “2D” because wearing glasses does introduce another element between your eyes and the light. And the video resolution looked fine to me — my eyes not being an electronic measuring device, I can only go with what I can see. Additionally, neither my eyes nor the bridge of my nose were fatigued by the 3D glasses LG provided. Plus my nephew, seated next to me, didn’t once try and push me away to take my place at the “center” of the screen. He’s gotten a lot bigger so that’s real good.

quote : http://www.gadgetreview.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment